First and foremost one has to have a clear knowledge for execution of the hotel materials. This will enable him or her decide on an overall style the hotel needs. One should start choosing furniture by concentrating on individual sectors and not the whole hotel since different styles of furniture give different impressions. Each individual rooms of the hotel should be treated uniquely. The office of the hotel needs to be furnished uniquely and different from the reception and also the room; coffee shop or the dining area should have unique furniture. This makes individual sectors of the hotel have specific settings in accordance with their purpose. For example if a hotel has several restaurants, they should all adorn different styles of furniture to set the different unique atmosphere.
The furniture one chooses to use in a hotel creates a statement that one wishes to portray to specific customers. The types of customers expected and their goal will determine the overall style of the hotel. If one expects an older English generation, the hotel will be styled up in traditional English flare so that it could attract more customers. If one expects a young generation of customers, it will be better to style up the hotel with a modern look so as to satisfy the specified customers.
Furniture gives a room its ambiance. That can be a party, relaxed or pleasant feel. Before one buys any furniture he or she should know what type of atmosphere the room should have. This enables one to buy the right and best furniture for the room.
On the other hand, Budget has to be put in consideration when buying any furniture especially hotel ones. One should have an idea of the amount of money available before making any purchase so it could fit his or her budget.
One should also know the setting of the furniture, whether it is outdoor or indoor. Outdoor furniture is pretty different from indoor furniture in many ways.
One should have a broad specification of the hotel location so as to know what type of furniture in the region is best suitable for his or her hotel. Hotels in the Northern hemisphere will have furniture made from different trees with those in the Southern. For example it is cheaper to make furniture from an oak tree in the Northern hemisphere while in the Southern hemisphere rattan is the cheaper option.
The type of material used to make the furniture is also important. For examples leather furniture are more suitable in an office of the hotel than in a coffee room.
Here is a summary of the things to consider when choosing the best hotel furniture:
- The type of look one wants the hotel to have - Is it a modern, fashionable, traditional or sophisticated look?
- The type of client expected - Are they businessmen, young generation, old generation, families, couple or singles?
- The character and atmosphere one wants the rooms to have â€" Is it business feel, pleasant feel, relaxed atmosphere, party feel or fun-filled?
- Available budget
- The setting of the furniture â€" Is it outdoor or indoor?
- Full specification of the hotel location.
- How durable is the furniture to be used. For example wooden furniture will last much longer than a plastic one.
- The type of the material used in making the furniture. Is it Mable, glass, wood or metal?